Grateful Dead Live at Philadelphia Civic Center on 1984-04-20
Audio Item Preview
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
Related Music question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Feel Like A Stranger|
|Cold Rain And Snow|
|Beat It On Down The Line|
|Little Red Rooster|
|Brown Eyed Women|
|My Brother Esau|
|It Must Have Been The Roses|
|Let It Grow|
|Scarlet Begonias ->|
|Fire On The Mountain ->|
|Samson And Delilah ->|
|I Need A Miracle >|
|Morning Dew >|
|Around and Around >|
|Johnny B. Goode|
flac16; SBD> Cassette Master> Reel> Dat (SV3800/48k)> Samplitude v7.02 Professional> FLAC; Converted and Edited By Charlie Miller
- 2005-05-02 11:56:12
- Dat > Samplitude v7.02 Professional> FLAC
- Philadelphia, PA
- Transferred by
- Charlie Miller
Subject: The Cold Rain and Snow...
Subject: a rippin' jerry show
Subject: Top 3 show from 1984!
This whole show is a ROCKER! The tempo is all the way up, and Jerry's guitar work is stellar. He is not taking any time off this entire show. He's playing solos with urgency and really improvising perfectly with his fill in notes.
Now the highlights:
1) Best Stranger period! Jerry and Brent are in lock step weaving constant flurries of notes all around each other and the band fills in PERFECTLY.
2) COLD, RAIN & SNOW: This is where Jerry really improvises perfectly on his guitar leads and filler notes. He gives this version something extra!
3) ROOSTER: One of the best versions with Bobby doing an awesome solo and Jerry hitting apex and crescendo in the second solo flawlessly.
4) BIODTL: Friggin Awesome high tempo high on speed version.
5) B.E. WOMEN: The tempo is way up and Jerry's solo is perfect
6)LIG: For this I am speechless. Jerry is just maxing out his guitar strings on the jam segment which lasts about 10 minutes! This is high tempo, energy and Jerry pulls out all the stops. My favorite post 74 LIG! Yeah. It's that darn good!
7) SCARLET/FIRE: is on fire! A top 10 post 79 version right here for sure! The Scarlet solo is Jerry at his best! The Scarlet jam is the Grateful Dead at their best! The transition to FOTM is PERFECT! The first 2 solos by Jerry are really nice and seal the deal for this being a top 10 Scarlet/Fire post 79.
The conclusion of the show is rockin'. Those heads must have been dripping in sweat after this super high tempo and near perfectly executed performance.
If you can't give this 5 stars, then please make an immediate appointment with your physician and get him to blast the wax out of your ears. Then immediately return home and listen to this classic again!
8) SAMSON: Once again, Jerry pulls out all the stops.
Subject: 2 on the east coast
Subject: Happy 4:20
The local radio station was broadcasting the whole show and we all had good copies to enjoy for quite a while afterwards.This I believe to be a very superior recording from that year.Got some more from this year but this by far is my go to. Might be biased because I was there. You be the judge...lol Seriously though,Jerry & company bring it on from the get go and put into overdrive whole through.Digital Dead online,our own personal key to the vault on the Archives.I'm very Grateful indeed. Enjoy
Subject: TAKES ME BACK TO 8/5/74
Subject: Back Stage Pass
Had a friend deliver microphone equipment who came away with some back stage passes. All psyched we thought we were gonna be the loonies up next to Jerry's speakers. NAAAGHHHH ! Not Quite. back stage meant behind the stage.
But the good news was they also meant go anywhere uou want in the building except on stage so not only did we get to waltz up to the front, we got to walk out to the car and enjoy some icey cold ones at the break and then come right back in.
Definite 5 here for sound songs and energy.
Subject: Scarlet Fire
Subject: great show
Subject: lot a poor man makin $5 bill
Cumberland jam - I dare you to listen and TRY not smile - at least twice! a lil short but way phun...
The Scarlet is some head banging Jerry gone WILD -- really toasty and strong tunes..Phil is BOmBIng the stage! All makes it a five w/ the bridge to FIRE...awesome.
no question...guitar output are way up, audio too and Jerr's playin takes away the pain of some of his vocals early -- this SB mix definitely needs help thru an eqiualizer to make it sound good --
but, oh man, when you fix it - it's mo fo bad.
Date was 420
Year was 1984
What else y'all need ?
Subject: Thanks Charlie!!